bipolar and adhd

Forum Locked  Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

little woof
Starting Member

1 Posts
Gratitude: 1

Posted - 08/18/2007 :  22:47:49  Show Profile
I have been living with bipolar for well over 20 yrs although I was not offically diagnosised untilabout 13 yrs ago. At that time the treadmill began. the usual medications, litium, elavil, and so forth. As the new ones came out, poof, I was on them immediately. All this did for me was make me injcredibily sucidal. I have now been diagnosised with adhd also. Yee Haw!!!!! But at least I have a dr. who understands that I simply cannot take anti-depressioon meds. This is all leading up to a really horrible point. I get the migraines that frequeantly accompany both illnesses and I have gotten the headaches since I was a teen. Unfortunately, the only thing that works is narcotics. You see where this is going right???
I need some help big time on some alternatives. I am currently so depressed I do thinnk constantly about maybe today will be the lucky day and I won't wake up. My dr. is constantly amazed that I keep getting new jobs. I last 6-9 months on a job and then I definately mess it up to the point that I have to leave.

This is soudnding more and more like poor me, but really I just would like some ideas.
thanks
Go to Top of Page

Niney
Incredible Member (2000+ posts)

2393 Posts
Gratitude: 640
Very caringVery wiseVery honest

Posted - 08/19/2007 :  11:18:01  Show Profile
little woof,
Have you ever tried a naturopath for some natural alternatives? they could at the very least help with the headaches and maybe with other syptoms, too. Much of the time I have more luck with my naturopath that with my medical doctor.

Niney

Human salvation lies in the hands of the creatively maladjusted.
Martin Luther King Jr.
Go to Top of Page

stigmastomper
Super Incredible Member (10000+ posts)

24351 Posts
Gratitude: 10921
Very caringVery wiseVery funnyVery honestI agree

Posted - 05/28/2011 :  10:00:02  Show Profile
ask your doc about lamotrigine [lamictal] this could possibly illiminate the headaches and improve your mood

dont take lolipops from strangers [not strangers]

remember the wooden horse
and the city of troy
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Jump To:
MyTherapy Communities © MyTherapy Go To Top Of Page
TotalTodayYesterday
Topics: 33407
New Topics: 0
New Topics: 0