My Social Network
 spirituality

Forum Locked  Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

redthunderbirdman
Starting Member

3 Posts

Posted - 10/22/2007 :  00:09:23  Show Profile
hi how are you? my name is jeff and i lived with schizophernia going on ten years. i tried various method of healing technecs only to find that meds were the best solution. spirituality also played a big part in my recovery, it helped me to see that there is more to life then sitting at home stuck in the abyss of my illness.im not a saint and there are practices i should master but im in no hurry anymore.my recovery process has thougth me patience and to be kind to myself. i must add that i have a concurrent disorder and find it alittle hard to find support in my little community and this is the chief reason that i choose to speak in this forum. thanks.
Go to Top of Page

Niney
Incredible Member (2000+ posts)

2393 Posts
Gratitude: 640
Very caringVery wiseVery honest

Posted - 10/22/2007 :  20:37:39  Show Profile
Hi red,
Welcome to My Therapy. I hope you find the support you are looking for here. Just one suggestion. If you post in the Sz General or Bipolar General areas, you will probably get more replies.
Spirituality has also played a big part in my life. I don't have sz, but I have been suffering from depression. My ideas about spirituality have changed a lot in the years since I have had the illness. Rather than belonging to an organized church, my beliefs are now more inclusive.
Spiritual beliefs can be a great source of strenghth.
Again, welcome to MT
Niney

“And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music.”
-- Angela Monet
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Jump To:
MyTherapy Communities © MyTherapy Go To Top Of Page
TotalTodayYesterday
Topics: 33407
New Topics: 0
New Topics: 0