Author Previous Topic Topic   

Administrator
Administrator

15007 Posts
Gratitude: 3353
Very caringVery wiseVery funnyVery honestI agree

Posted - 11/25/2007 :  17:34:43  Show Profile  Visit Administrator's Homepage
Dear Members,

All Senior Members (i.e., members who have posted 100+ times) are now automatically issued their own private diary inside of their blog.

To Use Your Diary
  • Click on "My Diary"

• Click on "Complete Today's Diary Entry": First, you will be asked to complete your "Quality of Life" assessment.

• Next, you will be asked to complete today's entry into your diary. Type in your comments and use the diary buttons to rate your Progress, Psychological Symptoms, Medical Symptoms, Vocational Functioning, and Social Functioning. The computer will then generate your diary page. (You can add only one page to your diary per day.)

• Repeat these steps every few days to enter additional pages to your diary.

• You can see a graph of your progress by clicking on "View Progress Calendar".
Why keep such a detailed diary?
  • Your diary is strictly private, and not displayed to other community members. Likewise, your diary is in your blog; hence it can't be "Googled" or otherwise displayed to the outside world.

• Your diary's "Progress Calendar" graphs the changes in your "Quality of Life". Thus, over time, your diary will help you monitor the effectiveness of your current therapy.

• You can (soon) use your diary to set mental health goals, and monitor your success in achieving these goals.
Phil Long M.D.
Administrator

Go to Top of Page

davidt
Super Incredible Member (10000+ posts)

86214 Posts
Gratitude: 31682
Very caringVery wiseVery funnyVery honestAttentionI agree

Posted - 11/26/2007 :  02:20:06  Show Profile
Hi Doctor Phil,

Another excellent innovation!

-David

Be the person not the disability.
Go to Top of Page

Administrator
Administrator

15007 Posts

Posted - 12/01/2007 :  17:18:58  Show Profile  Visit Administrator's Homepage
Learning More About Yourself,

If you are experiencing difficulties relating to others; our diary's new "Progress Calendar" will help you monitor if any of your social behavior might be dysfunctional.

Psychiatry has found that certain social behaviors are related to impaired social functioning:

I believe that it is possible to change these dysfunction social behaviors. The first step is to identify your dysfunctional social behavior; then monitor it over time.

Our new diary does exactly that: it allows you to identify which of your social behaviors might be dysfunctional. Then, using the "Progress Calendar", the diary graphs the changes in these dysfunctional social behaviors over time.

Note: Our new diary is only available, free of charge, to our Senior Members (who have posted 100+ times).

Phil Long M.D.
Administrator

Go to Top of Page

Administrator
Administrator

15007 Posts

Posted - 12/08/2007 :  13:59:37  Show Profile  Visit Administrator's Homepage
New Diary Features Coming This Week,

We are currently creating two new features for our diaries:
  • Saving your diary in your own computer: We will soon be able to save our diaries on our own computer. That way, your diary would never be lost if our website went temporarily offline. Apparently this happened at Oprah's website. People there were invited to journal (keep a diary) there. After a year, Oprah abruptly terminated that service. Thus everyone lost their diary. This will now never happen at our website.

• Setting personal goals in your diary: Our diaries will soon display our mental health problems, and will ask us to select our goals for dealing with these problems. On subsequent dates, our diaries will monitor our success in reaching these goals.
We would greatly appreciate your suggestions for further improvements in our diary software.

P.S. Only Senior Members (i.e. members who have posted 100+ times) are automatically issued their own private diary inside of their blog. We hope this will be an incentive for our new members to become more involved in our community (and post).

Phil Long M.D.
Administrator
Go to Top of Page

jo73
Amazing Member (1000+ posts)

1407 Posts
Gratitude: 264
Very caringVery honest

Posted - 06/05/2008 :  12:40:22  Show Profile
i think the diary idea is great and carnt wait till i get mine it might help me sortb things out . great idea
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic   
Jump To:
MyTherapy Communities © MyTherapy Go To Top Of Page
TotalTodayYesterday
Topics: 33407
New Topics: 0
New Topics: 0