Suspected Paranoid Disorder

Forum Locked  Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Kanda
Starting Member

1 Posts

Posted - 09/06/2008 :  22:53:05  Show Profile
Hi,
My daughter-in-law, aged 30 years married to my son aged 31 years and both of them have a son who is going to be two in sep. 2008. After the engagement and prior to the marriage, on one occasion when my son asked her as to why she is making his mother (my wife) sad by her actions, from then onwards, my d-in-law started hating my wife and in the process all the relatives of my wife's as well as mine. Resultant of which is the exhibition of violent moods, shouting on top of her voice, not respecting friends & relatives and showing disrespect to her own husband ( my son). On various occasions she tried to self destruct herself by attempting to open the passenger side door of the car & jump out when my son was driving, banging her head on the wall and tried to jump out of the window with her son when he was one year old from the 3rd floor of a hotel. She and her parents refuse to acknowledge that her problem is to be addressed appropriately and on the contrary says that there is absolutely no problem of whatsoever with her and put all the problems entirely due to the treatment of my son. She suspects all his actions and keeps on questioning him everynow & then as to why he is late? why he is not taking her to outside as committed? How long you had been spending time with your parents?
My son who is so attached to his wife & kid, after witnessing all this violent & suspicious behaviour detached himself from active sex life and doesn't get the urge at all. His wife & her parents when littereally called him am impotent, he subjected himself to medical evaluation & showed him that he is phsyically alright & that her behaviour is only in the way.
Lately, she on 2nd Sep.2008, picked up quarrel with my son, rang up to her mother saying,"after the engagement I never wanted to pursue the marriage but you only persuaded me to get married, in the process ruined my life. I only want the divorce, otherwise I will die". When my son intervened that why she had not informed him then itself and had asked her to sign a statement mutually. she refused for the same and tried to stab him with a kitchen knife, however my son escaped such an attempt.
After this incident, she is now leading her life with my son till now as though nothing had happened. When will the violent behaviour again show up? We are keeping our fingers crossed and looking forward to a Mentor who can guide us on this.
Go to Top of Page

firebird
Amazing Member (1000+ posts)

1555 Posts
Gratitude: 584
Very caringVery wiseVery honest

Posted - 09/07/2008 :  06:00:49  Show Profile
Hi Kanda. Well it seems your son and his wife seem to have a lot of serious problems. I think really the most helpful thing for your son and daughter in law would be to seek professional counseling We are a support group for people dealing with mental illness and we are not trained or able to cope with marriage guidance. You son and wife need to talk to a psychotherapist together, someone who is outside all family and has an outside perspective. If you could get them to do that, I am sure its their best shot at saving their marriage.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Jump To:
MyTherapy Communities © MyTherapy Go To Top Of Page
TotalTodayYesterday
Topics: 33407
New Topics: 0
New Topics: 0