Welcome Message
Registration Tutorial
Nickname:
Password:
Save Password

All Forums
 Community Improvements
 What Can We Learn From Other Websites?
 What Are The Best Features Of Psychcentral.com?

Forum Locked  Printer Friendly
Author  Topic Next Topic  

Administrator
Administrator

15007 Posts
Gratitude: 3353
Very caringVery wiseVery funnyVery honestI agree

Posted - 02/21/2010 :  21:13:06  Show Profile  Visit Administrator's Homepage
Dear Members,

We are about to change MyTherapy by becoming more therapy oriented.

However, before we make these major changes, we would like your assessment of what are the best features of another excellent mental health website, PsychCentral.com.

We have chosen to analyze PsychCentral because of its obvious popularity, and its use of advertising.

So, when you have the time, could you visit PsychCentral, then please comment on:

• What are the best features of PsychCentral?

• What do you think of their use of advertising?
Thank you for helping us with this important assessment. I think PsychCentral will also benefit from your comments.

Phil Long MD
Administrator

Go To PsychCentral
Go to Top of Page

lynn2150
Super Incredible Member (10000+ posts)

21329 Posts
Gratitude: 9217

Posted - 03/12/2010 :  02:12:27  Show Profile
If you need to advertise great.
I love it here it is so intimate, has a family feeling
The fonts are clear, for an old goat like me, to read.
I've tried Psych Central, it's so BIG, Hard to read.
Wah, wah, wah.

What ever you do Doctor Long, I am sure you will do a great job.

Note to self: ask God what His plans are, for me, for the day.
Go to Top of Page

CBoo
Amazing Member (1000+ posts)

1669 Posts
Gratitude: 1820
Very caringVery wiseVery honestI agree

Posted - 03/13/2010 :  01:25:25  Show Profile
I think what might make this forum so popular is its wide range of topics. There is literally something for everyone in there.
Their layout is boring though. It looks like so many other forums on the web.

Their use of advertising is good. Their banners aren't too flashy, no pop ups etc. Google ads is a good way of generating income.

It seems that they have accounts at Facebook and Twitter which may be driving people to the site.

In my humble (ahem) opinion, if MT included a wider variety of issues, it would far outshine that site. Okay, I'm a bit biased, but there is no other forum unique like MT that I've seen.

Clare

The truth is incontrovertible; malice may attack it, ignorance my deride it, but in the end, there it is."
Winston Churchill
Go to Top of Page

CBoo

1669 Posts

Posted - 03/13/2010 :  02:01:26  Show Profile
Just a simple suggestion. Some websites use a link exchange service such as http://www.linkmarket.net/ to exchange links with quality websites that are similar in genre but not competing. The function is to drive appropriate traffic to the website via another website. It also serves to improve page rank and SE ratings.

Or check out this link. http://www.healthon.com/Link_Exchange.html
They are a site on healthcare information, that is currently requesting other topic appropriate sites to exchange links with it.

Or this one which is already linked to psychcentral:
http://www.helpingteens.org/link-exchange/link-exchange/

The truth is incontrovertible; malice may attack it, ignorance my deride it, but in the end, there it is."
Winston Churchill
Go to Top of Page

CBoo

1669 Posts

Posted - 03/13/2010 :  02:28:05  Show Profile
Then there are health and medical directories that accept website submissions. Like http://www.2healthdirectory.com/

I had a website once and some traffic came my way through directories.

I'm on a roll Dr Long!

Winston Churchill
Go to Top of Page

Administrator
Administrator

15007 Posts
Gratitude: 3353

Posted - 03/13/2010 :  19:05:13  Show Profile  Visit Administrator's Homepage
Thank you Lynn2150 and Cboo,

Mark and I really appreciate your excellent input. If you have any other observations, we would love to hear them.

Phil Long MD
Administrator

Go to Top of Page

stigmastomper

24351 Posts
Gratitude: 10921

Posted - 03/13/2010 :  23:47:29  Show Profile
dr. long

what makes my therapy work. is democracy and that we can be who we are
and unless someone does really bad things for predatory reasons
you dont boot them

we have all kinds of rules ,customs etc here written unwritten.
but we are laid back. that is great . in the past i felt the need to
protect the people here. i still do.

when i percieve or know that something that is bad for our members etc
or unsafe.

i start focusing on ethics,morality,theology. and specific behaviours
in an attempt to hieghten peoples awareness.

a secure site is important. but just like we wouldnt yell bomb at the superbowl. suttlety works the best. that and problem behaviours are
frequently because of an illness.

i appluade the efforts you have the community have,adminstration have made to make our community safer. and more informed.

your sociopath ,psychopath,anti-social personality foroums have helped me alot.

i would like you to consider a community designed to help people who self injure.

i would like to be able to talk to you or other proffessionals,mentors,consumers,advocates ,members ,relevent authorities, and buisnesses. via ham radio. cb, cell phone,portable audio video stem.telecommunications,

the reasons for this are many , and id like to be able to interface
with computer systems, that helped me through tasks like dealing with employers,banks,other buisnesses, hospitals. i would further like
a computerized couching system ,with humans,huwomans availible to help me get through the day.

and stuff like home economics ,cooking,meal preparation,cleaning for
people with disabilities, and practical audio video lessons in social skill's. and disability related psycho sexual social issues.
like a section how does my disability effect me in xyz areas and why
do they know that .

i would like trauma issues to be discussed.
and the abuses,misuse of mental health sciences,and technology. by anyone,group,goverment.

i would like a group or sub community to deal with groups, issues that are hostile to the existance of people with disabilities.

i would love to be hooked up with a virtual department of vocattional,social,finacial,sexual,occupational,familial therapy and special education. and a how to maximize the ,and define the abilities born of disability and efforts to market these.

i also would like to be able to learn law and how to get justice,of every kind for abuse of myself as an individual with gifts and disability . by goverment,hate groups, and authorities of any kind,
id like to study law ,politics,sociology etc medicine,forensic psychiatry and id love to be intimately involved in every aspect of the reaseasrch and development of technology and scientific resaerach
with respect to mental health,rehabilitation medicine.

and forensic investigation of abuses physical and mental.

i would like to see a sub community dealing with mental slavery and vice .

and spiritual communities.

anything you could all do in the future to achieve these kinds of things would be great.
and a community or communities devoted to people effected by drugs,
and if you could develop slides describing how mind control is ,economic,political manipulation infiltrate communities ,our homes and seek to break down the familiy units and cause physical,psychological predilection to drugs and violence . and how this is a war on the people of the world,internatiional communities,
nations,states, cities,towns,provinces.bouroughs, nighborhoods etc.
technology has been used abused to do these things, by whom,what motives, and drug use as a psychoelectronic viruses, cyebernetic alteration of body and mind in warfare, and warfare integrated into daily life to the point of the sublime.

please give or get people knolledgable to give lectures,materials, to
us, geared to employers,etc describing the benefits to having a differently enabled employee.

also a forumom dealing with parapsychology and the goverment,churches and other intersets trying to disable and exploit disabled people or people with special capacities for experience. and about technology that exists for the introduction of esp or psychic abilities and their enhancement. no bs just hard science. such foroums and forums tracking mind control personality viruses to the sources.
as well foruoms dealing with psychiattric torture by accident and deliberate action.

also a slide show or talk about mind control being used on people to create behaviours that are then the murders,rapes,etc others are found guilty of.

thanks for your listening as always. you really have made a huge difference in my life. im not sick in the head im just sick in the head. anything i can do to help you and mark or anyone, to expand cybernetic approaches to mental health treatment, diognosis that puts people in charge of their treatment and destiny i'm here

i know we say it alot but thank you from the bottom of my heart for starting and maintaining this site.

if we could change just say our screen name,avators in all our posts and certain general sentance stems . i would severely publicize this site.

there are somethings i have written that i would change identifying
charachteristics if i could. iam proud of my contributions here.

i would love to show others why i love this community.

you will all be part of my life from now till i die and if they build a telphone or worm hole to the neatherworld and i can log on then, then or there as well lol
http://www.mindjustice.org/#3

how about a function that helps us copy right things we produce and helps us write a book,paper,etc or copy right a joke,poem ,paper.?

Your Ideas Are Fantastic Stigmastomper,

Wow - your post really gives a treasure-trove of useful suggestions. There are enough ideas there to keep Mark and I busy for the next few years.

I especially appreciate your kind words about how our community has helped you. I want to assure you that you have definitely helped this community.

Many, many thanks Stigmastomper.

Phil Long MD
Administrator

Go to Top of Page

CBoo

1669 Posts

Posted - 03/25/2010 :  04:21:43  Show Profile
Dr Long, another thing I noticed about PsychCentral is that on their landing page, they entice people to join by offering not only the opportunity to post in the forums and read otherwise inaccessible material, but also to upload content, participate in polls and "other special features" only if they register. A bit of a carrot dangling there

I know that here, the diagnosis and diary offer is a great reason to sign up, but I'm not sure if it gets people's attention immediately.
Go to Top of Page

stigmastomper

24351 Posts

Posted - 04/27/2010 :  11:44:01  Show Profile
dr.long thank you for your kind words.

here is another idea [s] for you to consider.

whenever we watch television listen to radio or interect with an electronic device. as i have stated before and is probably obvious to alot of people. we are subjected to behavioural viruses=frequencies spectrums= programming=psychotronic warfare, and psycho everything war ,manipulation etc this has devastating effects on our civilization,countries, families on everyone, and effects us mentally/physical=metaphysically /socially etc. even things like our reproduction proceesses, political processes.

what i propose and beg your thoughts on.and any inventors thoughts on

is. that we all get interested in and develop, talk about how to do,design and implement globally, either through political proccesses or via other means . and via global buisnesses. and suggest to currently extisnig media networks /producers/politicians/acceademics and the medical community/ federations of conscerned scientists./as well as the local pta/ and current authorities other wise, buisness leaders [small] as well dr.long its pertinent to future my therapy and endevors you may take or those you know of may choose involve yourselves in in the buisness world.

1] global etc buisnesses to protect the people from the "cyber "attack on their minds/bodies/personalities via communications tech and television and other forms of communications. and to insure that
all technologies in use that are electronic which people use in their work every day lives, dont not emit electromagnetic fields that cause damage to brain/body that includes of course the nervous system and biogenetic processes of human beings.

2] the ability ,tech,to trace all behavioural patterns , right down to the single behaviour as microvoltage in terms of nerve inpuleses
and even thought.

3] i want to have it to where. the authorities, individuals,groups,populations,consumers of media be it printed or broadcast via any electronic devices, or as a psychotronic viruses
that is the behaviour of people an entire group of any size say global,international,federal, state,local, other groups, genepools etc. ideological movements. can be traced it their source and sources.

4] for example [further] i would like to be able to turn on the telelevision or other electronic devices, and pick out a single behaviour and know the ,who ,what,when,there,how,how come, and who profited,who was in charge of its desige,implementation,regulation. and i want to be able to know its effect or likely effect on myself and my family , society the stock markets etc. i also want as partt of that to know and see who that effects my brain body and functioning, personal behaviour which is the viruses=television radio programming etc.

5]i would like the television ,computer to have the ability to to
program into my subliminal,liminal behaviour a greater appreaciation of non verbal behaviour etc so that iam as good as a psychiatrist or other mental health care proffessional.

because i know that you or some of you psychitrists therapists, behaviourists , view us as biological,electromechencical processes.
and like a profiler you can trace behaviour to its sources external,
and that this can in some form direct or in direct be centrally collected thus a behavioual view of society or a mico culture,genepool etc can be created and the effects on the body/brain
be known. like "serial killer" or "serial rapists" etc can be in some sense reffered to as television etc induced or promoted crimes, people pushed over the edge by suggestion, psychoelectocphysical psychological manipulation or programming. it is entirely possible to completely impose any behaviour on anyone,group the body in such a manner, and that includes diseases of body and mind.

i think ive made my point though admitedly redundent. but im adding more
refining and condensing my points,

now think of this in light of all i have said on this subjecvts subjects, now and in the past.

it is possible or can be for people to be able to watch a program listen to music, read a book or hear any noise and be alterted by pop ups just like when a virus attacks a computer or someone tries or some device tries to access their mind to steal their thoughts,alter their memories, and impart false memories. via multi media, transmitted and read means. the same holds true for sattile,ground station or any other eves dropping, or cyber like mind attack,
it matter not when in history it occured nor by what means and method it was undertaken..

as well your diognostics center would be much more accurate ,and popular if it used voice stress and facial recognition soft ware ,and it will become in large scal use soon that very cheap add ons for communications, will allow eeg,ekg,and other examination over the internet,radio ,telephone, and even printed materials..

as well sexual experieces like in the movie with silvester stallone
will be felt mind to mind with no physical touch.

so to a pshiatrist other mental heath work could in like amanner or a machine could understand the or in the case of a human being you could literally feel experience your paitents illnesses in some fashion that would not hurt you just allow you to better treat them.

i also feel that it is entirely possible to do everything at home that the mental health rehab ,corrections , human services etc mega corporations and intrusive goverment now do, so to the medical,pharmacuitical, industries and drug dealers, phelbotomists

without these folks . and to very drastically reduce the size of and need for goverment, and its numerous appendeages,

further i asset that these technologies have been possible since before television radio became common place.

and i believe the bibles had much of these technologies etc
worked into them and applied

with as good results in most cases.

sounds like horse doodie but its true very soon or now true.

your services wont be needed in the same way in every instance , but there will be jobs glore but why do we need jobs,goverment services,political parties, and others, if we just solve the problems technologically . as a world.

sick people ,have sometimes prevented this but theres more healthy people so why arent they profiled as being equally nuts ,defective etc
that this is not done is genetic racism etc and folly for the species

the ramifications of this will end civilization if not addressed

that is why i harp on such things.

also i was born into privilge sure a whole lot of crap to. but i was raised a christian , and jews are in my family. uncle sam, the churches etc had me do alot, but i consider it my job carrer to protect the disabled many of my klans etc are disabled and their are factions within society gov. that are seriously trying to kill them all . i am trying my best all my life especially these last twenty years to protect society and those in need.

i could have attended yale etc and lived in realitive privilage but i will never go along with or support bad or evil behaviour.
i have worked all my life that many of the beutiful things in this world became reality.

i hope that our readers take much of what i say to heart and carry out tasks i cannot. when i harp on things etc it is because i have spent every waking moment since 1986 working to learn what i know
my thoughts race etc. .

i could have gone to yale but id here "they" said ive heard that all my life and i have fought those who say they said and made people ,slaves,corrupt and dead disabled.

http://www.mindjustice.org/#3
http://mcvictimsworld.ning.com/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LUASiDg-kg4&feature=related
http://www.freedomfchs.com/
Go to Top of Page

stigmastomper

24351 Posts

Posted - 04/29/2010 :  05:36:11  Show Profile
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fd6GwIWiHho&feature=related