Author  Topic Next Topic  

Administrator
Administrator

15007 Posts
Gratitude: 3353
Very caringVery wiseVery funnyVery honestI agree

Posted - 08/09/2011 :  21:44:06  Show Profile  Visit Administrator's Homepage
Dear Members,

I should have never announced that we were in the process of switching our server.

In the past few days, we experienced a denial of service attack on our email services. Somebody sent hundreds of thousands (millions, probably) of spam messages to overload our email server. Eventually this attack made it almost impossible for our members to access our website.

Wow - someone really doesn't like us. (A certain bogus "church" comes to mind, but we have no proof.) This attacker caught us with our protection down just as we were switching from one server to another.

Mark has cleaned up this mess and we are adding additional protection against similar attacks.

As always, when the chips are down, Mark is always there to help our community.

Many thanks Mark (aka "Dev" for developer),

Phil Long MD
    Administrator
Go to Top of Page

Zep
Incredible Member (2000+ posts)

2298 Posts
Gratitude: 965

Posted - 08/10/2011 :  01:52:55  Show Profile
Thanks for the clarification, Phil, and to Mark-Dev for all his efforts. I guess it's a mark of the success/value of this site that a)members were so distressed by its unavailability; and b)that it has attracted such an attack - it must be good to scare the vandals so much!

Zep.
Go to Top of Page

FLMgirl
Incredible Member (2000+ posts)

3712 Posts
Gratitude: 3064

Posted - 08/10/2011 :  02:35:01  Show Profile

It is sad and disturbing that there are some people who
have nothing better to do except to go around trying to
hurt others or make their life harder. Thank goodness for
caring people like you, Dr. Long, and for Dev and Lynda.

Leigh

It is not about how you feel, it is what you believe...and, Still, it is what it is...
Go to Top of Page

searche
Amazing Member (1000+ posts)

1717 Posts
Gratitude: 3984

Posted - 08/10/2011 :  06:18:25  Show Profile
Dr Long

Sorry for the trouble you faced for revealing the state of site which invited attacks at vulnerable phase.
However I do acknowledge and appreciate your 'GOODWILL' for letting us know about this before hand to ally our fears that might have made some of us panic or frenzy.

Thanks for educating and addressing our concern in this regard.

Searche

LUCKY are those who get the chance to learn, how to live life, and HOLY are those who gives them this opportunity'
Go to Top of Page

searche
Amazing Member (1000+ posts)

1717 Posts
Gratitude: 3984

Posted - 08/10/2011 :  07:34:18  Show Profile

Many thanks Mark!!

Its glad to know we have you monitoring the site in the cyber space.

MT is like our home and it feels great to have you protect it.

Searche

LUCKY are those who get the chance to learn, how to live life, and HOLY are those who gives them this opportunity'
Go to Top of Page

lynn2150
Super Incredible Member (10000+ posts)

21329 Posts
Gratitude: 9217

Posted - 08/10/2011 :  10:06:46  Show Profile
OMG.
I hope imported posts/pics haven't done this.
I was really into the Casey Anthony trial,
and found my computer went askew too.

I posted pics of Florida inmates, and pics of Anthony here.
Maybe they set off a Virus?

I feel guilty and awful if this is so.

Go to Top of Page

stigmastomper

24351 Posts
Gratitude: 10921

Posted - 05/14/2012 :  17:55:04  Show Profile
mark rules!!!! score another one for the big guy. thanks for all you have done for us all these years mark!!

Go to Top of Page

stigmastomper

24351 Posts

Posted - 01/10/2014 :  07:43:37  Show Profile
hi marrk and administration

iam looking to use software , better hardware.
to enable me to communicate between and from my cellphone, tablet,,computers, tv, and my cb/hamradios. and other wireless devices, security sytems by voice and text , andscanning pictures and codes

i then want to use the same "data" mining priciples,technology like intelligence communuties,law enforcement, telemarketers, corporations and criminal syndachtes ,reasearchers etc use for data mining, when i talk to my self i want this to happen. whereever iam i want my computer and other devices ,remotely activated by my voice ,picture etc
. i want whatever my topic of conversation, idea for inventions,plays, any subject to be put into voice,video,text files and editor, publishing and more files, from there i want to not only be able to work with the file but to expand it all by voice.

dr. long and others knolledgable from there, i want the abilities to use voice commands and automatic programs to use social,physical etc science graphing software to chart my mental abilities, identify brainwave states, and emotional ones. . then want , to be able to verbally activate software like the diary and diognostic,life, etc software you have given use to use at my therapy, .

i want to use brain personality, abilities mapping ,graphing, identifying software and as well disabilities,weakneses software to determine explain,illustrate the abilities, disabilities and as well
to detect the abilities that are physical that result from allegded or actual brain differences , well lets just be brief and say i want to put me up on the lift in the scientific lift andget to know myself, my body , my brain and i want to create my own veryvery very comprensive medical,psychological,nueropsychitric,social,emotiona,
accademic,sexual, vocational,carreer, job training,home economics,talent and excersise programs independent living ,education
evaluations, treatments and social plans ,life planning, and techno conservatorship self administered and very tightly financial savings, bill paying, investing in small buisneses programing and goal setting,personal assistant, case management programing and be able to access, buisneeses, professionals,and resources,private,public non profit etc and i want to be able to work,plan,do buisness and tocreate,write,publish etc on the fly and communicate with others for support and as well use software to self help and guide my decisions and be articial memory so thats the kind of system i want to build and the kinds of applications, free services,low cost serices, free /paid sites ,i need and i want to work fluently to help develop ,my own technology and stragies, and behavioural programs , and to be able to lecture, mentor and innovate soloutions and to auto ghost write technical papers, books,poetry and more on the fly.

believe it or not this is not too hard

hi,
please pardon the typos I'm using the speech recognition dictation program. Thank you. PS you all rock
Go to Top of Page

stigmastomper

24351 Posts

Posted - 01/10/2014 :  07:54:01  Show Profile
i also want to be able to one day. be able to use medical diognotic techologies from home to do blood tests, and to treat my own illness
to the fullest extent practically possible and to hire myself out for long disatance reasearch projects and some in home ones to universties, companies, agencies and doctors, i have a very very huge consciousnessm, i have extreme streantghs and with these technologies, strategies etc i see no resaon at all why i have to have any unfullfilled dreams and maybe i should not have to live dependent upoun the whims of politicians ,etc of every stripe and be in codependent or unhealthy degrading relationship, and in short i can have my dreams
i believe we are only limited by what we can dream to believe we can achieve
in conclusion i thank you and mark and everyone for taking the time to reflect on these things ,ideas i have said, tried to convey.
i also want to have the ability to interface with the videogamming community and use these for education, social rehabilitation, job etc coaching,behavioural instruction supports, therapy, and the movie matrix like abilities and skills development and employment

hi,
please pardon the typos I'm using the speech recognition dictation program. Thank you. PS you all rock
Go to Top of Page

stigmastomper

24351 Posts

Posted - 01/10/2014 :  08:17:12  Show Profile
and to work collaboratively with people on projects wherever they maybe
, i never ever,ever stop applying my mind work was not the problem ,intellect was not my problem self diciline, drive etc were not problems ,my disabilities they said were social,enviromental and psychitric, and family related. they said i had most of the answers and more, but they said emotionally i was still a kid and that i was severely disabled, and severely able and the doc from yale etc people said that i was far more intelligent than the people trying to help me and that was a problem.

ill end for now by saying i want to be able to use games to etc to
do a poor mans,rich mans survial planning and develp inmate street awareness and skills economic awareness and i also will learn greatly from you financial,economic educated mans perspective

you could as i will in my programming and activities have a homeless peoples mental health , economic etc revory, survival network site or sister site or sub community or well go figure.

cb radios ,ham would be excellent methods of communication with others and intefacing with the site and i will be trying and am trying to do all the afore mentioned and tons more .
i wont be able to do it alone but theres an entire planet maxed out with technology education and billions of people to work with and for and to dream with

hi,
Go to Top of Page

stigmastomper

24351 Posts

Posted - 01/10/2014 :  08:36:37  Show Profile
i also think that for myself on my site whenever i can get the training and funds to operate, build it, i will have a means whereby people can in guided fashion volunteer their talents ,time and help each other with real life problems tasks just like social workers in mental health,social service,vocational,and religious communities,programs would with cooking,banking,home economics, social,emotional etc supports mentoring ,tutoring name it, now imgagine dr,long

someone onto tis or in the future my own site and can get all this help
free from a cardboard box under the highway over pass via a cb radio
and one day there will be technology and services in every town staffed by volunteers and paid employees and seen by large groups of people
where by we wont have to fear each other and can safely be chritian and other good citizens brother and sister humanity/ community, from global to local to nieghbor knowing nieghbor
and we should use or televison, communications technology other technology to help each other in this world to enjoy life and be happy

we need to get rid of the scum in american goverment etc and we need to spend our time reasouces and lives caring for one another and to pursue our dreams the dirt bags in washington who say utopia is not possible and that we are all doome for alot of reasons are dumb asses it is possible if we love each other as individuals and empower everyone to contribute. im digusted by the politics etc and waste we dont have to starve war on each other and be conditioned to hate self and other destruct we can fight the powers who do these things and we can all live our dreams bad things have occuered evil but getting vengence and hate will only doom us all to more of the same.

hi,
Go to Top of Page

stigmastomper

24351 Posts

Posted - 01/19/2014 :  06:46:57  Show Profile
sorry for rattling on. i know its redundant because of alot my thinking is constant re-vision, innovation, not saying i get alot done but i try.

hi,
Go to Top of Page
   Topic Next Topic  
Jump To:
MyTherapy Communities © MyTherapy Go To Top Of Page
TotalTodayYesterday
Topics: 33407
New Topics: 0
New Topics: 0