Page: of 2

Administrator
Administrator

15007 Posts
Gratitude: 3353
Very caringVery wiseVery funnyVery honestI agree

Posted - 06/03/2005 :  13:10:31  Show Profile  Visit Administrator's Homepage
Dear Members,

To increase use of our chat rooms, it would be helpful if members scheduled regular times in the week when they would like to chat.

For example, a member could post "I will be in the chat room regularly at 8 PM Pacific Standard Time Mon to Friday".

That member would then come into the chat room at the stated time and wait for 5 minutes to see if others come to chat. It think it is important to wait for that 5 minutes in the chat room. Otherwise, people come to the chat room for only a few seconds, see that no one is there, then leave.

We will try to change the Chat Room so that members can post when they will return to chat.

Phil Long M.D.
Administrator
Go to Top of Page

needa
Starting Member

2 Posts

Posted - 06/23/2005 :  06:19:23  Show Profile
chat doesnt work for me otherwise id use it really
Go to Top of Page

September
Starting Member

3 Posts

Posted - 07/24/2005 :  06:47:46  Show Profile
I Would love to join a chat room, but I can't be specific about days and time. So...what now?

September
Go to Top of Page

adam
Super Member (250+ posts)

475 Posts
Gratitude: 35

Posted - 07/28/2005 :  16:12:32  Show Profile  Visit adam's Homepage
i wil be on one of the chat rooms @ ten a.m/. i've never even talked to another person with similar problems. thanks adam
Go to Top of Page

Bill
Starting Member

1 Posts

Posted - 08/02/2005 :  16:37:01  Show Profile
I am an American Military Veteran. Post Vietnam, pre Gulf War.
Survivor of the 1983 Muti-National Peace Keeping Farce - Beirut Lebanon. (I meant Force)

I am a 46 yo cauc male, Unemployed

I've been diagnosed w/ PTSD-MST. MST = Military Sexual Trauma.

I am currently in a intensive 7 week Sexual Trauma clinic w/ 12 other males who are also victims as I was. When I complete this, I will be returning to the VA Hospital in Bonham TX. On or about 08-25-05.

I will then be screened for the Combat Related PTSD clinic in Waco, tx.

Now that I've bared most of my soul, does this site have any "chats" or forums on PTSD ??
Go to Top of Page

mae

992 Posts
Gratitude: 158

Posted - 03/11/2006 :  02:52:49  Show Profile
I'll check the chat room around 5 AM. I live in PA.

Toodles, Mae
Go to Top of Page

shortnsilver
Starting Member

1 Posts

Posted - 04/27/2006 :  13:56:45  Show Profile
Reply to Bill --
PTSD was my original diagnosis when I was in therapy years ago. Childhood sexual abuse & family trauma. I'm a 45-yr-old divorced & remarried mother with 6 children, 4 are my biological ones, ranging from 23-10 in age. I'm driven back to try to find help when I find my moods, anger & behavior hurting my family. I have to keep doing something to actively improve myself every day because my default mechanism is too low. When I try to pray the part I can't say or accept is around being in the present moment & letting the past be gone -- I don't see how that can be done when past events & actions are still having such an impact on how we're all doing at the present moment. I want to integrate my past experiences to the point I can feel finished with them & able to move forward progressively from here. My old therapist used to say that's like, what do you do with your mail when you bring it in from the mailbox? (Mostly I stack it up on my desk & watch the stacks get higher & higher, then throw it away when it's so out of date it's no longer important.)
That's all, Shortnsilver
Go to Top of Page

sasha

821 Posts
Gratitude: 63

Posted - 05/14/2006 :  05:20:35  Show Profile
Chat times. Hi This is Sasha. I can be in chat rooms at around 9:00 pm. Or in the morning before I go to work around 10:00. I am a bit of a night owl so may not always make the morning ones. I will check at night though. The times are Pacific Standard Time. Although we are on Daylight savings time now.
I'll probably be checking everyday.

Sasha is my dogs name.
Go to Top of Page

Peterkin
Starting Member

5 Posts

Posted - 05/25/2006 :  13:20:10  Show Profile
I am never really sure whan i can be on but mostly either late at night after 12 mid or in the am bef 12 noon during the week
Go to Top of Page

sabo10
Starting Member

1 Posts

Posted - 07/13/2006 :  14:39:54  Show Profile
My experience with chat rooms is that I could read the notes left by others and add my own response and leave. When I came back to the same site and check for responses to what I wrote there may or may not be a message. Some chat rooms take weeks to get a response and some blaze with activity. Your chat room looks interesting and the intro was warm and friendly. I have the impression that there is a mental diagnostics program and some sort of a mydiary somewhere. I'll keep looking and like a chat room, I'll keep looking later. You are on my list of sites I visit every day. Some I keep, some I dodge out-a-there. This looks like a winner. Thanks for having me.
Go to Top of Page

crimsonandclover

816 Posts
Gratitude: 468
Very caringVery honest

Posted - 07/20/2006 :  23:09:46  Show Profile
I would love to chat with any of the members here I also have yahoo messenger and i am logged in while I am home. I work the evening shift I get home around 11pm central time. I am home in the mornings. and I am logged into my yahoo then also. If anyone else has yahoo and wants to chat I am here I think you can just click on my name and in my profile it will show my yahoo icon. I will get into the chat room here and see what happens...........hope to chat with some of you soon.
Go to Top of Page

EmergingArtist
Incredible Member (2000+ posts)

9136 Posts
Gratitude: 952

Posted - 07/21/2006 :  14:31:43  Show Profile
P.S. I started the thread in Bipolar General Discussion "need help with signature" and other members replied that they are having similar difficulties--i.e. not able to change the signature. Is there a tech help e-mail or forum; I do not see one.

It is a mistake to try to look too far ahead. The chain of destiny can only be grasped one link at a time. -Sir Winston Churchill

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thanks for reporting this problem, we will try to have it fixed in a week.

Phil Long M.D.
Administrator
Go to Top of Page

caro

51 Posts

Posted - 08/13/2006 :  11:20:05  Show Profile
Hello this is Caro...I am sorry I don't have any set times in which I can log on....maybe usually in the evenings.

Caro from Rome Italy
Go to Top of Page

Kathydddd
Starting Member

8 Posts

Posted - 08/24/2006 :  13:21:04  Show Profile
I can be in the chat rooms around 4:00 every day.
Do we need to specify which chat room?
Go to Top of Page

Rory
Starting Member

13 Posts

Posted - 09/20/2006 :  19:08:00  Show Profile
I'm new and would find chat rooms dealing with depressiona nd how to deal with parents with personality disorders. Would be most open to chats at 6-8 pm PST.
Go to Top of Page

stigmastomper
Super Incredible Member (10000+ posts)

24351 Posts
Gratitude: 10921

Posted - 10/11/2006 :  09:24:36  Show Profile
welcome new members, the bi-polar chats acting up but we have about a hundred people who regularly drift in and out . i havent been here long say aboput two months and have been doing my best to get people to the chats , i dont work so to the extent that im able i stay in the chat rooms , if you guys come in the chat and see my name and i dont answer its not because im playing hide and seek. i stay in the chat so people know that im there and so i can write down the names of who was there and when. then i go to each persons post and repy to them thanking them for dropping in the bipolar chatroom which is really been acting up and needs to be fixed accoprding to many. if everyone would encourage people to chatthen in no time at all we would have contine chatting going on .hope to see you all in bi-polar chat .ferengi said that he cant get into the chats for some reason,maybe its his computer or service provider. hes a great guy?>>i think and it would be great if we could get him on the chat.i live in connecticut usa. its now 12:17 pm wednsday, october 11th 2006 i will go moniter the bi-polar chat as thats where everyones been going you dont have to have bi-polar to come . i have been dubbed the bi-polar chat king lol so i have one decree at least for now when in the chat be sure to stop and greet the person who just dropped in as they maybe suicidal or something and need to talk. we try to use our church manners till we get to know someone then we have a little more relaxed atmosphere. thanks for listening see you in chat
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
Jump To:
MyTherapy Communities © MyTherapy Go To Top Of Page
TotalTodayYesterday
Topics: 33407
New Topics: 0
New Topics: 0