Administrator
Administrator

15007 Posts
Gratitude: 3353
Very caringVery wiseVery funnyVery honestI agree

Posted - 02/12/2012 :  21:47:36  Show Profile  Visit Administrator's Homepage

Dear Members,

How My Retirement Changes Things

Lynda and I retired on December 31st, and we are both loving our new, retired life-style. However, Lynda's retirement means that she will no longer monitor our communities.

I will continue to make my daily contributions to our community, and I'm loving the free time I have now to spend on my social life and hobbies.
I Don't Have Time To Read Every Post

Our community usually has more than one hundred new posts daily. I simply do not have time to read them all. Thus I leave it to our members to alert me regarding any problem.

That means that there may be considerable "drama" occurring in our community that I will not be aware of until someone uses the "notify administrator" button.

Sometimes I delete a post or discussion thread that is inappropriate or hurtful. Fortunately, this is a rarity.
Our Community Is Self-Policing

If 3 Senior Members vote to ban a post; that post is hidden from view. A Senior Member is someone who has posted more than 200 times. When I see that a post has been banned; I check to see if the ban was appropriate.

This means that I rely on our Senior Members to "police" our community.

We are a community of equals. No Senior Member has more power than another. As administrator, my only role is to ensure that members observe our Code of Ethics.
Sometimes Our Peace Will Be Broken By Drama

This website is a mental health self-help community. Thus, by its very nature, you should expect our peace to sometimes be punctuated by "drama". This drama happens when some of our members experience very stressful events, or flare-ups in their own illness.

During this drama, things will be said that members will later sincerely regret. Invariably, this drama subsides and apologies are made.

That's how our community can be so healing. We accept apologies and genuinely try to understand the other person's distress. Only by practicing this forgiveness and loving kindness can we hope to help ourselves and others.

Phil Long MD
    Administrator
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Jump To:
MyTherapy Communities © MyTherapy Go To Top Of Page
TotalTodayYesterday
Topics: 33407
New Topics: 0
New Topics: 0