thought broadcasting

Forum Locked  Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

narensng
Starting Member

7 Posts
Gratitude: 6

Posted - 05/11/2012 :  01:48:15  Show Profile
thought broadcasting is real.i know because i m suffering from it.i was in depression then my physician gave me a medicine after that i started to feel that every one can hear my thoughts and i am hurting them in some way.they spit after listening my thoughts it seems to be like they are spitting on me it makes me very uncomfortable outside.Because of this rarely i go outside of my house.it is not my delusion it is reality.i m in touch of psychiatrist but he does not tell me about my problem.i have attempted to suicide 4 times.again i m thinking about suicide...please give me some practical advice.i want to know that is there any medicine so that my thought broad casting could be stopped or i should commit suicide.....
Go to Top of Page

davidt
Super Incredible Member (10000+ posts)

86214 Posts
Gratitude: 31682
Very caringVery wiseVery funnyVery honestAttentionI agree

Posted - 05/11/2012 :  15:08:49  Show Profile

...and therefore should not be relied upon as a definitive course of action... when help is there for the asking
!

I appeal to you Not to consider taking your life..
for something which can be dealt with as a result of the right medical treatment.

All life is precious and that very much includes You Narensng

Flatter me, and I may not believe you.
Criticize me, and I may not like you.
Ignore me, and I may not forgive you.
Encourage me, and I will NOT forget you!

-William Arthur Ward, college administrator, writer (1921-1994)
Go to Top of Page

gabby the ninja
Starting Member

2 Posts
Gratitude: 3

Posted - 06/30/2012 :  19:00:39  Show Profile
dont feel alone people probably can hear your thoughts... they hear mine all the time... And it sucks they dont even deny they can anymore but they dont fowardly say it too my face niether... its confusing!
Go to Top of Page

stigmastomper

24351 Posts
Gratitude: 10921
Very caringVery wiseVery funnyVery honestI agree

Posted - 07/02/2012 :  13:09:06  Show Profile
meds can usually help, hypnosis also may help .

your life is precious dont give it up.

Go to Top of Page

Administrator
Administrator

15007 Posts
Gratitude: 3353

Posted - 07/02/2012 :  18:23:02  Show Profile  Visit Administrator's Homepage

Hi Narensng,

Welcome to our support community. Thought broadcasting (hearing your own thoughts broadcast aloud so that others can hear what you are thinking) is a very common symptom of psychotic illnesses (like Schizophrenia).

Thought broadcasting usually is very upsetting to a person because it seems so real. However, thought broadcasting is not real. You can use a tape recorder to record if you have thought broadcasting. What this will prove is that your own thoughts aren't being broadcast into the room.

Thought broadcasting is just one of the many distortions of reality that can accompany a psychotic illness. Four to six weeks of therapy with antipsychotic medications usually will stop thought broadcasting. However, you will have to stay continuously on antipsychotic medication because your thought broadcasting will return if you stop your antipsychotic medication.

Without antipsychotic medication; it is very rare for thought broadcasting to stop.

Please return to your psychiatrist and (re)start on antipsychotic medication; your life literally depends on this. Our community is here to support you, and to share our experiences with you.

However, when you are suicidal, our community is no substitute for emergency medical care. Thus you must go back to your psychiatrist and honestly tell him/her how suicidal you are, and how upsetting your thought broadcasting has become. Likewise, you should tell your family and trusted friends just how bad you feel. In this way, your loved ones and your psychiatrist will be able to work together to ensure your safety.

Narensng trust your loved ones and your psychiatrist; they want you to recover.

Phil Long MD
    Administrator
Go to Top of Page

anotherTB
Starting Member

1 Posts

Posted - 08/05/2012 :  14:03:08  Show Profile
Hi Narensng,

I too have this problem. I have had depression too. It is very hard and stressful to live with knowing that people can actually hear your thoughts, especially when you have no control over what you're thinking about.

I would recommend taking the Administrators advice and speak to your phychiatrist about how you are feeling and try to be honest. They have your best interest at heart. Life can be what you make it. It can be great or it can be crap or a combination in my experience.

Hope this helps and always remember you are not alone.
Go to Top of Page

anurag
Starting Member

1 Posts

Posted - 10/06/2012 :  07:15:57  Show Profile
hey its anurag from india
I know a thought broadcasting patient who is very close to me.
First I want to tell you that thought broadcasting is for real.Actually this brings two things:
1. First thing no privacy as your thoughts are getting broadcasted to everyone. This is not a disease as power of communicating to people through your brain has developed inside your brain. Everything you think people will be able to know. Whenever you think an image of it is created inside your brain and that image is also broadcasted to everyone so people will be knowing what you think. Once the power within you has developed of transmiting your thoughts it can never be stopped either you use any medication so stop thinking about your thoughts getting broadcasted . So you will have to live with it. You now have the power of communicating to people through your brain. People will know your thoughts.
2. The problem arises with thought broadcasting is that you dont have control over your thoughts or in other words i say uncontrollable thinking , thinking which is yours but it still it is not yours as your brain is not in control of your thoughts.You will be thinking nonsense and wierd things about people around you and sexual thoughts will come and you will be embarassed. This is indeed a disease so consult a good psychiatrist. For the patient i know the medicine called trazin h worked wonders as thinking level improved to 98% and he was able to live a normal life. So stop about ending your life take the medication and it will improve your thinking level. Avoid alcohal and drugs . Only medicines will help you to live a normal life. You will feel good after medication but i tell you the truth. You will able to communicate all your life to people through your brain. Once your thinking level improves you will stop your about your thoughts getting broadcasted. This helps you to live a normal and healthy life.
One thing interesting the brian waves from your brain can use any telecommunication medium for travelling just as your voice.I am talking about talking through a phone mobile or landline. Everybody around you will know your thoughts so try to live with it. You have got the power of using your brain(brain waves) as a medium of communication so stop worrying about your thoughts getting broadcasted. In this life this is not now in your control. Only worry about uncontrollable thinking and take proper medication. Life will be back to normal or near to normal. best of luck and have a happy life.
Go to Top of Page

aspierob
Amazing Member (1000+ posts)

1125 Posts
Gratitude: 846
Very caringVery wiseVery honestI agree

Posted - 10/06/2012 :  14:48:52  Show Profile
Anti-psychotics will stop thought broadcasting. However with a lot of practice and will power , you can control which thoughts are broadcasted. when you learn to do that you can somewhat control others actions .

there is a fine line between genius and insanity , if you can learn to walk the line , you can rule the world .unfortunately i keep falling into the insanity side
Go to Top of Page

lynn2150

21329 Posts
Gratitude: 9217

Posted - 10/20/2012 :  18:45:11  Show Profile
My 2 cents,
Never ever go to a General Physician for Psych Meds.

In my experience, they don't know an anti psychotic from an aspirin.

Hope you find good P=doc .
Go to Top of Page

biz8285
Starting Member

3 Posts

Posted - 02/08/2013 :  18:14:11  Show Profile
I believe you! contact me and I can help you.
Go to Top of Page

biz8285
Starting Member

3 Posts

Posted - 02/08/2013 :  18:18:34  Show Profile
I know you freak out about others interpreting your thoughts wrong. Contact me to know why I know that. YOU ARE VERY VALUABLE! People are trying to control you're gift!
Go to Top of Page

biz8285
Starting Member

3 Posts

Posted - 02/08/2013 :  18:31:07  Show Profile
Please contact me all who replied to the post. biz8285@gmail.com. I can help more than you can imagine. I also need your help!
Go to Top of Page

Jonny17999
Starting Member

1 Posts

Posted - 03/14/2013 :  19:33:59  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by narensng

thought broadcasting is real.i know because i m suffering from it.i was in depression then my physician gave me a medicine after that i started to feel that every one can hear my thoughts and i am hurting them in some way.they spit after listening my thoughts it seems to be like they are spitting on me it makes me very uncomfortable outside.Because of this rarely i go outside of my house.it is not my delusion it is reality.i m in touch of psychiatrist but he does not tell me about my problem.i have attempted to suicide 4 times.again i m thinking about suicide...please give me some practical advice.i want to know that is there any medicine so that my thought broad casting could be stopped or i should commit suicide.....

Dude stop your thinking of suicide and email me Jonny17999@gmail.com
i have thought broadcasting too and i learned a lot about it. what u need is to control your hearing so u dont notice its happening, i know its hard to deal with i get lot of suicidal thoughts too, i know what you are going through, i can help you cope with it with. i can help u meditate to control your hearing, also can help u in activating your endorphins which give u natural high without drugs. to tell u the truth i'm just as suicidal as you are, hell i even though about it while i was writting this, i almost snaped went for a run and now i'm gonna smoke some weed and play gears of war3 to relax and stableize.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Jump To:
MyTherapy Communities © MyTherapy Go To Top Of Page
TotalTodayYesterday
Topics: 33407
New Topics: 0
New Topics: 0