Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Administrator
Administrator

15007 Posts
Gratitude: 3353
Very caringVery wiseVery funnyVery honestI agree

Posted - 07/22/2006 :  17:54:44  Show Profile  Visit Administrator's Homepage
Dear Members,

We have created an "Ignore User" command on the top right hand corner of a posting. If you click on "Ignore User", you will no longer see any of that member's postings. Later, you can undue this command if you so desire.

Phil Long M.D.
Administrator
Go to Top of Page

grammy
Super Member (250+ posts)

374 Posts

Posted - 07/24/2006 :  10:29:40  Show Profile
Thank you so much:
Thank you for hearing me!
Grammy
Go to Top of Page

davidt
Super Incredible Member (10000+ posts)

86214 Posts
Gratitude: 31682
Very caringVery wiseVery funnyVery honestAttentionI agree

Posted - 08/01/2006 :  19:14:43  Show Profile

What a very good idea!

Best wishes David.

We are what our thoughts make us.
Go to Top of Page

SheerLin
Incredible Member (2000+ posts)

3918 Posts
Gratitude: 216

Posted - 08/09/2006 :  16:20:51  Show Profile
Yes, this is a very good idea.

SheerLin

Life is what happens, while you`re busy making other plans.... John Lennon
Go to Top of Page

Elfie
Full Member (100+ posts)

172 Posts
Gratitude: 14

Posted - 09/23/2006 :  18:32:17  Show Profile
This is a really, really good idea. I assume that the offensive poster cannot see that you have blocked them. This allows people to turn away from someone who makes them uncomfortable without making a complaint about something that COULD be nothing more than a difference of opinion or belief. No one should be exposed to something that makes them uncomfortable but I'm sure that in some cases the person causing the offense may not be doing enough to get removed from the group.

Then again, if a poster is repeatedly blocked by various members, that may alert admins to any potential problems with said poster that may go beyond difference of opinion, etc. Am I right? Can the administration see who has blocked who?

This is the best idea!

elfie (the second stage of e-pea)

"Great thinkers often encounter violent opposition from mediocre minds" - Albert Einstein
Go to Top of Page

Administrator
Administrator

15007 Posts
Gratitude: 3353

Posted - 10/30/2006 :  22:11:25  Show Profile  Visit Administrator's Homepage
Good question Elfie,

Our administrators can see the contents of the banned posting, and the names of the members that found the posting "harmful".

The person whose posting is banned can't identify who rated his/her posting as "harmful". Each day, the computer automatically alerts the administrators to new banned postings. Usually, this alerts the administrators to new members who should be banned from our community.

Thanks again Elfie,

Phil Long M.D.
Administrator
Go to Top of Page

e-pea

5919 Posts
Gratitude: 1353
Very caringVery wiseVery honestI agree

Posted - 11/16/2006 :  17:34:51  Show Profile
hi Uncomfortable.

Maybe i can help. you can go into your profile (the gold menu on the upper left corner)

from there choose both NO to "messages to inbox" and NO to "email address public"

does this help? I can explain better if no. BU t this way, you can both keep your email address private (no one can see) and you can also keep replies to your thread from ending up in your inbox.

These directions might seem convoluted. But sign into your profile and it might make more sense.

love.. pea
Go to Top of Page

MichelleDFW
Full Member (100+ posts)

100 Posts
Gratitude: 2

Posted - 02/09/2007 :  09:12:49  Show Profile
I need to delete all my posts. Is there a way to do that please?

Save me from myself!

Hi Michelle,

I'm sorry you want to delete all your posts because we appreciated your contributions to our community.

Unfortunately, after 48 hours passes from the time of posting, a member can nolonger delete their post.

Michelle, I would like to make a suggestion. Previously you shared with our community that:

"I tend to isolate myself as well. I think for me it is because I do not want to be rejected. I do not have any friends, because I push them away. Even my family members I push away."
Please don't repeat history and push our community away.

I am very sorry that (according to your Mood Calendar) you feel so suicidal and depressed. I hope that you will find a therapist (family doctor/psychologist/psychiatrist) that you can work with to overcome these problems.

While you are dealing with these problems; I feel that you shouldn't isolate yourself from others. That is why I suggest that you continue in our community. Here, you can help others, and they can help you. Thus please reconsider your decision to leave our community.

Phil Long M.D.
Administrator

Go to Top of Page

MichelleDFW
Full Member (100+ posts)

100 Posts
Gratitude: 2

Posted - 02/12/2007 :  06:17:34  Show Profile
Thanks for your help. I will continue with the group. I was just concerned because there were a few posts that were read by a family member that were not completely accurate and I do not want this sight to become another source of problems for me. I was just hoping to delete some of my past entries, but if that is not possible, I understand.

Thank you

Save me from myself!

Hi Michelle,

That's great news.

Phil Long M.D.
Administrator

Go to Top of Page

CBoo
Amazing Member (1000+ posts)

1669 Posts
Gratitude: 1820
Very caringVery wiseVery honestI agree

Posted - 01/18/2010 :  02:07:36  Show Profile
I think having the "Ignore User" command can be quite helpful, though I've never felt the need to use it myself.

But, I think members should refrain from publicly announcing who they are "ignoring", especially when someone chooses to ignore another member due to personal differences in opinion and not because that person is being a pest as such. I've observed that a couple of times, and it just doesn't seem right to me.

“Only the weak are cruel. Gentleness can only be expected from the strong.” - Leo Buscaglia
Go to Top of Page

loggedin

3838 Posts
Gratitude: 2525

Posted - 02/13/2010 :  03:14:31  Show Profile
I am experiencing a narcisistic phase. Is there a way for me to ignore myself?

Let yourself believe that we are born innocent -Sarah McLachlin
Go to Top of Page

stigmastomper
Super Incredible Member (10000+ posts)

24351 Posts
Gratitude: 10920

Posted - 09/17/2014 :  17:59:27  Show Profile
lol logged in i miss you.
and thank you for you kindness to me

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I_WAPkhQzUI
Go to Top of Page