Counseling Student

Forum Locked  Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

MonicaDaniel
Starting Member

3 Posts

Posted - 12/25/2013 :  23:06:31  Show Profile
Hello All,
I'm Monica. I'm currently a counseling student in California. I have one year left in the counseling program, specializing in career. Although I specialize in career, I am very passionate about crisis and trauma therapy and hope to earn my licensed professional clinical counselor license.

I've attended counseling in the past due to a family separation and I feel it really helped me overcome family challenges. I hope to gain a wealth of knowledge from others participating in this support group as well as be that "bridge over troubled waters."

I am here for you...

Monica
Go to Top of Page

Jayster
Incredible Member (2000+ posts)

2060 Posts
Gratitude: 927
Very caringVery wiseVery honestI agree

Posted - 12/25/2013 :  23:22:55  Show Profile
:)
Go to Top of Page

khaz
Incredible Member (2000+ posts)

8301 Posts
Gratitude: 5753
Very caringVery wiseVery funnyVery honestI agree

Posted - 12/26/2013 :  12:30:59  Show Profile
Hello Monica
Welcome to my therapy.
Have you spoken to Dr Long about your aspirations to help us?
I do think that would be the protocol to follow.

The thing about this forum is that we have not read all the text books...we have lived the words like depression and psychosis, mania and attempted suicide...we have spent time in Asylums...not just visited...we have taken the medications and experienced the side effects as well as the healing.

I know you would not be arrogant enough to compromise the good work our own psychiatrists do nor feel the need to intervene where Dr Long does not.

Wishing you insight into our illnesses...there are many wonderful people from all over the world here...we have become good friends although we have never met...we have supported each other...in my 6 years or so here I have lost my mother and father to death and my family to my illness....waking up in the Asylum and reading thr messages from the people on these boards gave me the strength to go on on many occassions.

I would just ask you to tread carefully and get to know us.

We are here for you too...to grow insight into our lives and by doing so you can be in the know about our illnesses and the stigma attached to them.

You can find my blog in the scz section...The Kitchen door....this illness has destroyed my life.
Go to Top of Page

stigmastomper
Super Incredible Member (10000+ posts)

24351 Posts
Gratitude: 10921
Very caringVery wiseVery funnyVery honestI agree

Posted - 12/28/2013 :  19:13:12  Show Profile
welcome monica

were here for you to.

a special internet counselors credentials are needed to
practice on the net.

we also have a policy i think about not having proffessionals ,researchers etc on this site

this site does not even acceppt advertising revenue
abn
i cant speak for dr.long but i can say what i think.

i think as long as you are not practicing here etc and are just another member a novice student then being a freind is awesome

i have myself had a life time of shrinks ,social workers etc

what i come here for is great freinds and solace and more.

we are a support community and we help each other out
that being said
i think your very kind to want to help and its noble and compassionate to want to serve other in need.

heres an excerpt from our code of ethics that may be releven
t.
No advertisements (for research subjects, support for special projects, or commercial enterprises), or internet links to websites promoting these activities are allowed.

just trying to help.

we have to always be on gaurd because we dont know who anyone is or what their intentions are, and because we all have mental illnesses so we are mindful of that.

PS. THE DOGGY IS COOL LOL
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Jump To:
MyTherapy Communities © MyTherapy Go To Top Of Page
TotalTodayYesterday
Topics: 33407
New Topics: 0
New Topics: 0