Topics That Don't Fit In Elsewhere
 Effexor XR (venlafaxine ER) 300mg Question

Forum Locked  Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

muddyriver
Starting Member

1 Posts

Posted - 10/01/2015 :  15:52:38  Show Profile
Has anyone been prescribed 300mg of effexor XR/ venlafaxine XR in the dosage of 300mg? I'm just wondering because my pharmacy has taken a week now with my script and is making a federal case of this dose. My doctor insisted they fill it, but now they're telling me they have to wait for approval from their corporate office to fill as the dosage exceeds the FDA approval or something. I've tried to google to find out why, but am coming up empty handed. I've been on extended release for 200 mg for a while now, maybe 2 months and was fine, but then something bad happened in my life last week which made my current situation a lot wose and I was not doing well with my script for Xanax bc the thing with Xanax is you need to take it on queue when you need it and I kept forgetting I even had it until whatever situation was over. I asked my doctor to increase the effexor XR so he called in to increase to 300mg. Apparently the pharmacists aren't allowed to do this even though my doctor told them to twice. I don't understand why the extended release isn't approved for that dosage.... Regular Effexor is okay, but not XR. Why? I increased my dosage myself as of end of last week and I'm feeling relief finally...I've actually already noticed I've got that inability to cry thing going on which I really was looking for, but I'm a little frightened that pharmacy is making such a big deal over the not FDA approved for this dosage thing and I mean, I really don't want to end up dropping dead or something. And I understand that since I'm taking the generic form, I'm screwed if something really bad happens due to taking this drug. There will be no chance of compensation unless I was taking the name brand and I doubt my insurance would pay for name brand when generic is available. Is anyone out there being prescribed 300mg of the extended release? Does anyone have any idea why the extended release isn't approved for this level of dosage?
Go to Top of Page

stigmastomper
Super Incredible Member (10000+ posts)

24351 Posts
Gratitude: 10921
Very caringVery wiseVery funnyVery honestI agree

Posted - 10/02/2015 :  16:34:22  Show Profile
im sorry i dont know the answer to your question heres a site that will be a big help psychcentral .com
also go to the effexor web site. there are effexor support groups.
i have heard alot of people dont like effexor

to state the obvious :mental illness sucks lol
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Jump To:
MyTherapy Communities © MyTherapy Go To Top Of Page
TotalTodayYesterday
Topics: 33407
New Topics: 0
New Topics: 0