Farewell Speech By Youth With Cancer

New Topic  Reply to Topic  Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Administrator
Administrator

15007 Posts
Gratitude: 3353
Very caringVery wiseVery funnyVery honestI agree

Posted - 11/11/2015 :  10:21:45  Show Profile  Visit Administrator's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Reply to Topic

His speech:
    "None of us get out of life alive.

So be gallant, be great, be gracious, and be grateful for the opportunities that you have. The opportunity to learn from the men who have walked before you and those who walk beside you.

My challenge to each of you, and to myself, is to continue to grow and to develop for the better.

The future is truly in our hands. Forget about long-term dreams. Let's be passionately dedicated to the pursuit of short-term goals. Micro-ambitious.

Work with passion and pride on what is in front of us. We don't know where we might end up. Or when it might end up.

Some of us will not cross paths again. Some of us will likely be seen on TV. Others in print. Some of us in prison.

But I've thoroughly enjoyed growing up with each and every one of you.

I don't know where it goes from here for any of us - for me, for you. But I wish you the very best in your journey, and I thank you all for being part of mine.

Wherever we go and whatever we do, may we always be friends when we meet again."

One week after learning he has an aggressive form of cancer, a New Zealand teen dispensed invaluable advice to his schoolmates
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Jump To:
MyTherapy Communities © MyTherapy Go To Top Of Page
TotalTodayYesterday
Topics: 33407
New Topics: 0
New Topics: 0