Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Administrator
Administrator

15007 Posts
Gratitude: 3353
Very caringVery wiseVery funnyVery honestI agree

Posted - 02/05/2007 :  16:32:01  Show Profile  Visit Administrator's Homepage
Dear Members,

In the next 1-2 weeks, we will have a surprise. Mark and I are creating a new "Social Network Calendar" that will be added to our "Mood Calendar".

This calendar would be like a table. Each row of this table represents your relationship with one significant other (e.g., parent, sibling, friend, foe, etc.).

The columns of this table would rate your relationships, that week, with each "significant other".

Each week, you would rate your relationship with each significant other using a 5-point scale:

• Very close friend

• Friend

• Distant (neither friend/foe)

• Foe

• Very bad foe
In addition, you would also rate each significant other's "mood" that week using the scale cards we use in our "Mood Calendar". For example, you could select the "Joyless or Apathetic" card to show the usual mood/behavior of your mother that week.

Your rating on the 5-point "friend/foe" scale would determine the color of the border around the "mood card" for that person.

Our hope is, that by closely monitoring your social network, you would gain new insights into what improves/worsens your mental health.

We welcome your comments about this proposal.

Phil Long M.D.
Administrator

Go to Top of Page

e-pea
Incredible Member (2000+ posts)

5919 Posts
Gratitude: 1353
Very caringVery wiseVery honestI agree

Posted - 02/06/2007 :  18:37:27  Show Profile
i know i'm always the first to respond to these because i love new features..

I think this is a fantastic idea! A totally fantastic idea. I personally find that if i can see my relationship with someone in linear way its easier to see what kind of effect that person has over time. especially in conjunction with posts and mood calendar. I think it will be a good tool for sorting out relationships with others and whether they are healthy or not.

what a good idea!

This town; My prison cell - my fortress
Go to Top of Page

Administrator
Administrator

15007 Posts
Gratitude: 3353

Posted - 02/11/2007 :  17:46:41  Show Profile  Visit Administrator's Homepage
View My Social Network
Dear Members,

There is now a new gold button on the left of your screen titled: "My Social Network".

By clicking on that button, you can start a "calendar" which records the moods of your "significant others".

In addition, this calendar records how close or how distant you feel your relationship is with each of your significant others.

The "my social network" automatically graphs your own mood opposite the moods of your significant others. This could then illustrate the interaction between your moods and the moods of others.

You can make "my social network" either a public or private document. If you chose to keep your "social network" private; no one (not even myself) can view it. I have made mine a public document. You can view a member's "Social Network" by clicking on their nickname (above their Avatar/picture); then clicking on "My Social Network" in their Profile.

We welcome feedback about this new utility.

Phil Long M.D.
Administrator
Go to Top of Page

94Kipp
Starting Member

5 Posts

Posted - 05/13/2009 :  18:14:16  Show Profile
I don't see any gold bars for Social Network or the Mood one?? Am I not looking in the right place? I'm looking at the list of topics in gold bars to the far left of the page

Thanks for any help
Go to Top of Page

FLMgirl
Incredible Member (2000+ posts)

3712 Posts
Gratitude: 3064

Posted - 05/13/2009 :  22:05:33  Show Profile
Hey 94Kipp,

Welcome to My Therapy. Good to have you here. Feel free to post anywhere, but usually the bipolar and schizophrenia boards tend to be busier than here or depression. Make yourself at home.

Regarding the My social Network, I don't see where it is, and I have been here since mid-February, so I'm guessing that there isn't one.

FLMgirl

Everyday is a winding road...
Go to Top of Page

94Kipp
Starting Member

5 Posts

Posted - 05/16/2009 :  18:35:45  Show Profile
Okay, thank you and thanks for the Welcome.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Jump To:
MyTherapy Communities © MyTherapy Go To Top Of Page
TotalTodayYesterday
Topics: 33407
New Topics: 0
New Topics: 0