Author Previous Topic Topic   

aquamarine
Amazing Member (1000+ posts)

1238 Posts
Gratitude: 325
Very caringVery wise

Posted - 04/03/2007 :  17:07:11  Show Profile
Hi,
L-Tryptophan has been added to the list of medications in this section (Thank you), but all the "N" medicines are still missing.
Thanks,
...Aqua

You're right Aquamarine,

Mark is going to fix this oversight.

Thanks.

Phil Long M.D.
Administrator

Go to Top of Page

Anamater
Super Member (250+ posts)

284 Posts
Gratitude: 146

Posted - 04/08/2007 :  06:13:51  Show Profile  Visit Anamater's Homepage
The most useful info to me was the stuff from the FDA. Please provide those links for any medications that you can.

Art. Like morality, consists of drawing a line.
Go to Top of Page

sasha
Super Member (250+ posts)

821 Posts
Gratitude: 63

Posted - 04/27/2007 :  23:02:13  Show Profile

Dear Dr. Long, I was wondering if Thyroid medications should be added to the list of medications? Also, if Hyrothyroidism, should be to the list of diagnosis'?

I was recently diagnosed with Hypothyroidism and am now on Eltroxin, 100mg. per day.

The only reason I was tested for it was because I asked to be tested.
When I was diagnosed, the Dr. mentioned to me that Hypothyroidism can play a big role in causing depression. That's why it is important to test depressed person's for Thyroid malfunction.
I said "Well this never happened to me. The only reason I was tested was because I asked for the test."

I am wondering how many other depressed people there are out there who do not know enough to ask to be tested. I was wondering if this should be mentioned somewhere in the Depression site.
That if you are depressed, and you have other family members with Thyroid problems, you should ask to be tested if you have not been tested.

This seems to me to be a very important factor in depression that can be missed, and more people should be made aware that Hypothyroidism can play a big role in depression.

Thanks Sasha

Good point Sasha,

Every person diagnosed with depression should have a thyroid function test. Hypothyroidism is very common, and definitely aggravates depression.

We will add Hypothyroidism and Eltroxin/Synthyroid (levothyroxin) to our menus.

Phil Long M.D.
Administrator

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic   
Jump To:
MyTherapy Communities © MyTherapy Go To Top Of Page
TotalTodayYesterday
Topics: 33407
New Topics: 0
New Topics: 0