Forum Locked  Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

aquamarine
Amazing Member (1000+ posts)

1238 Posts
Gratitude: 325
Very caringVery wise

Posted - 05/02/2007 :  09:38:34  Show Profile
I just went into my profile and noticed that very recently 6 of my posts have received "I disagree" votes. That's fine, everyone's entitled to their opinion, but I would really like to know which posts people disagreed with, because maybe I am writing something that is hurtful, or maybe I want to look at my perspective and encompass a different one.

I tried last night to go through my posts to see, but there are so many and I couldn't find one that said I disagree. Is there any way for us to sort our posts to find posts based on voting? It would even be good to see which posts people thought were caring, or agreed with etc. Could be a great learning tool in terms of helping us gain, or regain, better communication skils.

Thanks,
...Aqua
Go to Top of Page

EmergingArtist
Incredible Member (2000+ posts)

9136 Posts
Gratitude: 952
Very caringVery wiseVery funnyVery honestI agree

Posted - 05/02/2007 :  10:18:51  Show Profile
Hi aqua,

I may have voted disagree with several of your posts in the Social section, but I can't be sure. Every so often, when I've visited in Social Topics I click "I agree" or "I disagree" like for instance I've made some snap judgements in the fun topics such as in the "What's your Favorite" social topic, the "Yes or No Questions" topic, "Quotable Quotes", etc. And I did a few disagrees in that "favorite buiscuit, dipped or not-dipped" one in Depression about people's favorite kinds of cookies.

When I'm judging and rating other peoples' posts and I am not following up with any further questions or elaboration on my vote or revealing it was me who voted as such...then I am not wanting to connect with other members so much. What I am doing by simply hitting the rating buttons is to clarify in my own mind what my personal preferences and opinions are for myself.

So likewise, when I get "rated" without additional info as to the whys and the whos, etc....then it's one of those times I allow myself to slip back into teenage mode ---**shrug** **whatevuh!***

-EA

dx bipolar 1993
Go to Top of Page

Bailey

2205 Posts
Gratitude: 587
Very caringVery honest

Posted - 05/02/2007 :  10:28:39  Show Profile
Hi Aqua

Please try not to worry...although I do the same thing myself. Its ok to be disagreed with...but gee whiz...at least say something..anything as to why.

I had to begin to just ignore the votes I was getting...good or bad. They dont really mean much...its nice if what we say can help someone, but some things we say just dont require acknowledgement on any level. If I have a thought...its just that. I dont need to know who agrees with that thought...or doesnt. It wont change my way of thinking...at least it wont if I dont know what the person saying "I disagree" is thinking.

Sometimes too...it is easy to click on the wrong button. I have done that myself, and if I notice it, I will tell the person right away. It could happen though, that it gets done unnoticed.

Have a great day aqua....and I really enjoy your posts.

Laurie

When we won't consider suggestions, we reject our own potential - but we have the right to expect people to be tactful.

Bill Blackman

Go to Top of Page

aquamarine
Amazing Member (1000+ posts)

1238 Posts
Gratitude: 325
Very caringVery wise

Posted - 05/02/2007 :  10:59:55  Show Profile
Thanks Bailey and EA,

I was concerned about maybe having done/said something wrong/hurtful when I first saw the "I disagree votes, but now I just think it would be helpful and personally constructive to see the types of things I write that are disagreeable to others.

Bailey...I always enjoy your posts too. You are very compassionate.

...Aqua
Go to Top of Page

Kate21isgr8 (inactive)
Full Member (100+ posts)

117 Posts
Gratitude: 11

Posted - 05/02/2007 :  11:46:49  Show Profile
I dont see disagree buttons.
Go to Top of Page

Bailey

2205 Posts
Gratitude: 587
Very caringVery honest

Posted - 05/02/2007 :  11:58:56  Show Profile
They are there Kate. Could be that you are a new member, so you cant use them yet. I'm not sure...cause as I said, I dont pay much attention.

Laurie

When we won't consider suggestions, we reject our own potential - but we have the right to expect people to be tactful.

Bill Blackman

Go to Top of Page

EmergingArtist

9136 Posts
Gratitude: 952
Very caringVery wiseVery funnyVery honestI agree

Posted - 05/02/2007 :  12:55:34  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by Kate21isgr8

I dont see disagree buttons.

You get rating buttons after 100 posts.