Forum Locked  Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Intellectfem
Starting Member

1 Posts
Gratitude: 2

Posted - 06/03/2007 :  08:39:20  Show Profile
Hello all

I was diagnosed in 97 with PTSD by a LPC. I remained in therapy with her for two years, and had to move from the city. My wondering is will I have PTSD all my life. Are there others on this site that I can talk to about this? I was told that I am in my 40's diagnosed with PTSD because of things that I Experienced as a child. Rape, and as a result of that rape a pregnancy at the age of twelve an abortion was performed. I have no memory of this taking place the rape or the abortion. I watched my step dad shoot at my mother missed her, and hit my brother covered me with blood. There are so many other things that occurred. I had no memory of these things until my last year of college and they were bought to fact through doctor reports. I was taking Valium at the age of 8 due to a nervous condition I think. NEED ADVISE PLEASE. There are many years of my life I do not remember being in existence There are years, and pictures I look at of myself and I not know of that time in my life. I was told this is called dissociation

Go to Top of Page

Niney
Incredible Member (2000+ posts)

2393 Posts
Gratitude: 640
Very caringVery wiseVery honest

Posted - 06/03/2007 :  09:30:12  Show Profile
Dear Intellectfem:
Oh my gosh, you have gone through so many traumatic things in your life. I am so sorry! I have heard of some therapies that have had very good success with PTSD and it may be to your advantage to do some investigation on the web. I underwent a therapy called EMDR to deal with the abuse I received from my ex-husband and it worked very well. The feelings have not returned. So that is one you might want to investigate. I hope you find something to help. I don't believe you have to suffer for the rest of your life.

Niney

"Life can only be understood backwards, but it must be lived forwards."
Kahlil Gibran
Go to Top of Page

rara
Starting Member

29 Posts
Gratitude: 3

Posted - 06/05/2008 :  05:37:12  Show Profile
hi!
i have ptsd also...it was not triggered until an abusive relationship in 2000. But, yes, it brings back all the memories you may have suppressed very difficult. i see a ph.d for therapy. been a rough road.
any questions, just ask =)
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Jump To:
MyTherapy Communities © MyTherapy Go To Top Of Page
TotalTodayYesterday
Topics: 33407
New Topics: 0
New Topics: 0