anxiety and depression

Forum Locked  Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

misfit
Starting Member

1 Posts
Gratitude: 2

Posted - 06/19/2007 :  11:30:49  Show Profile
i am new to this community. i am suffering from terrible anxiety and depression. i was well maintained on paxil for a few years. had some switches over the past 10 years. i have had this since i was about 7 years old. i have been through mant scarey and horrible times. unfortunately i am in a bad place now. my effexor stoped working all of a sudden. so all my symptoms came back. its so exhausting having this chronic illness. its also hard on my friends and family. i feel so sorry for that. my family all suffers fom this in some form. i got an extra dose. well the doc is trying to switch me back to the original med i used to take-paxil. i dont care at the moment about the side effects i used to have. i just want to feel like i used to on the meds when they worked. its been two and a half weeks since we started the dose. tapering down on effexor and raising paxil. anyone had sucess with going back to an oriinal med that worked before? i am feeling so desperate to have relief. only small changes nothing sugnificant. my life has stopped. any words of encouragement or experience would be helpful. thanks
Go to Top of Page

aquamarine
Amazing Member (1000+ posts)

1238 Posts
Gratitude: 325
Very caringVery wise

Posted - 06/19/2007 :  18:54:48  Show Profile
Hi Misfit,
I am sorry you are struggling so much. Just so you know you will get more responses on the general discussion boards for bipolar or depression, or schizophrenia, whichever you need help with. Please take care.

...aqua
Go to Top of Page

stellastarr
Starting Member

2 Posts

Posted - 11/25/2007 :  18:44:11  Show Profile
misfit, i am new to this community too.
i can hear your energy in your words. it's hard to be patient, but i always find that i stress about not being helped by medicine hard core for a while and then time will go by and i realize that i haven't worried for a while, i've evened out
it can be hard too because when you wait you worry and that always seems to make everything take longer
i hope you are able to access something that is calming

Go to Top of Page

gail7979
Starting Member

2 Posts

Posted - 05/09/2011 :  16:07:59  Show Profile
Dear Misfit,
I'm new to this site.I've been battleing Depressiion&Anxiety for quite a while.You are not alone.I get Real Bad Migraines,Cry,I hate what this crap does to us. Write to me whenever you feel like.God Bless.
Go to Top of Page

Rainbowfish
Incredible Member (2000+ posts)

5628 Posts
Gratitude: 5067
Very caringVery wiseVery funnyVery honestI agree

Posted - 05/09/2011 :  18:34:47  Show Profile
Hi Gail and welcome to MT! I too put God first in my life and love Christian music. It helps me with my anger and anxiety when I listen to it when I'm driving. I love to study God's word as well.

To get to know you better and so others can meet you I am going to create a link in the Bipolar forum for new members. I hope that is allright with you, in both your posts you say you want to meet new people. Here is the link for you:

http://www.mytherapy.com/discussion/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=32503

RAINBOWFISH
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Jump To:
MyTherapy Communities © MyTherapy Go To Top Of Page
TotalTodayYesterday
Topics: 33407
New Topics: 0
New Topics: 0