Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

EmergingArtist
Incredible Member (2000+ posts)

9136 Posts
Gratitude: 952
Very caringVery wiseVery funnyVery honestI agree

Posted - 03/15/2009 :  21:37:27  Show Profile

Hi All MyTherapy Members.

I'm bubbling over tonight with pride at how well we all have risen to challenges (from our illnesses and our life events),-- over the many months we've all visited MyTherapy, and supported one another so well.

Last night I was so glad to have seen a post from Mae, who had been my first official MyTherapy Mentor for three months, in the Personal Blog Mentor Program here, who I hadn't seen online in quite awhile. She and I shared some similar life experiences, and I think we both grew from the Mentoring, it didn't matter that she is diagnosed with Schizophrenia and I am diagnosed with Bipolar I Disorder.

I think of everyone here as kindred spirits, special kindred spirit pen-pals.

Reading here tonight in front of my PC in my living room in Chicago around 11 at night, I enjoy the familiar words from my friends here and marvel at our tenacity. Just off the top of my head, I know this,--that in the past couple years, we have at least two members who are giving so much of their energy in care-taking of their mothers, many members who have suffered the loss of a parent, a friend, or a beloved pet. We have, almost all of us, suffered med adjustments, med side-effects.

I can think of two members who have graduated from college, three members who have weathered a break-up with a spouse, one who had distanced herself from a destructive relationship, tons of us who somehow make it into work as scheduled. (And let's not even get into the economy here). I know of one member who is striving hard to secure a good home for her family.

And just click on anybody's avatar to see the myriad of moods we have all bravely weathered over months and years of uncertainties over meds and diagnoses, difficulties with doctors and challenges with non-understanding co-workers or family, lack of proper health insurance coverage.

I know that I am, at age 33, just starting to discover "who-I-am, and "where-I'm-going." I know of one young member who has amazed us all with her maturity and courage and grown up before our very eyes here on MyTherapy, through break-ups and med changes and diagnosis changes and doctor problems and physical health challenges, and succeeding at attending school and supporting fellow members here on MyTherapy.

And last, but certainly not least, I don't think he will mind if I mention him by name, ...Stigmastomper. Stig has been a driving force of encouragement in making us all feel as if for a brief moment, "we rule."

In appreciation of you all,

EA
Sex: female
working part-time, married
Diagnosed 1993, Bipolar I

Go to Top of Page

EmergingArtist

9136 Posts
Gratitude: 952

Posted - 04/06/2009 :  15:26:37  Show Profile

I still feel the same way.

EA
Sex: female
working part-time, married
Diagnosed 1993, Bipolar I

Go to Top of Page

FLMgirl

3712 Posts
Gratitude: 3064

Posted - 04/11/2009 :  14:19:22  Show Profile
EA,

I agree with your very nicely expressed sentiments.
this is a very caring and supportive community, and it has been very beneficial to my well being.

Leigh

Everyday is a winding road...
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Jump To:
MyTherapy Communities © MyTherapy Go To Top Of Page
TotalTodayYesterday
Topics: 33407
New Topics: 0
New Topics: 0