Code Of Ethics
 GEODON there is light at the end of the tunnel

Forum Locked  Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

no-name-required
Starting Member

1 Posts

Posted - 08/18/2012 :  05:15:56  Show Profile
I was put on geodon a little over 4 years ago after becoming ill I was told it was "nervous gut" and sent off the the phsyc..NERVOUS GUT not even a real diagnosis; I had suffered for years from PTSD and the horrible panic attacks that came with it, tried thearpy it just made me re live every horrible moment over and over so I was on xanax for years..First trip to the phsyc my illness was this chronic nausea vomiting upper abdominal pain major food intolerance rapid weight loss and diarrhea with every thing I tried to eat. This phsyc pust me on two 80mg geodon tabs at bedtime when I asked him if I could just stop taking it he replied oh yes yes..oh no no. First dose I was completely oblitherated passed out cold. Long story but I was just left on this med even after no doc could understand why I was on it was mis diagnosed over and over for 5 years what I at first thought was food poisoning or maybe a parasitic infection I was treated for things I didnt have all the while on geodon for ? reason no doc would touch it. I had after my son was given an antidepressant because we had to leave our area where he had spent from 6th grade to 9th grade and move in with my parents it was not clinical it was normal saddness the antidepressant caused him to attempt suicide he was hospitalized and they ignored the fact that he was a type one diabetic asked me what if anything I took I told them geodon again they never gave a diagnosis and i still knew very little about geodon so they put him on 80mg plus lithium which he eventually had to stop due to toxicity..about 6 months after he was put on it online I find the truth about this evil drug and immediately panic. Neither of us are bi-polar, psychotic, have MPD or any of the listed reasons for use. I finally found a doc to get me off or at least start the wean I was cared to death after hearing all of the horror stories about the withdrawl. went from 160 to 80 no prob 80 to 60 no prob 60 to 40 no prob 40 to 20 no prob recently I went on a ten day taper off one 20mg tab everyother night for ten days then stop it has now been 3 nights geodon free and no horrible side affects AT ALL I was told that if I had not started experiencing them yet then I wouldnt. I was and am so relieved I feel horrible hearing these horror stories but want you all to know for some the withdrawl doesnt happen reason unknown. I havent had any more problem sleeping than i did before even on the geodon I take melatonin 20mg Iam also on a prenatal vitamin, phenergan evry six hours to keep me from vomiting always nauseated never goes away, 100mg of ms contin twice a day, clonazepam 2mg 3x a day as needed and a new med that I cannot remembr to try to top the contant watery diarrhea I have had now all thi time. I dont know if it becaue I didnt actually need the geodon or if the other med Im on aved me in some way. Geodon i a horrible drug and hould have been taken off the market year ago the potential for permanent damage or sudden death and the incidents which are in the thouands that I have read about for sure that have happened to people unbelievable. My son has tarted the taper he went from 80 to 60 wa ok from 60 to 40 i ok so far but I worry about how he is going toreact when taken off ince he ha been on it he has become violent angry blackout anger fits which NEVER happened before the geodon it ha not helped at all only made him someone I dont know anymore as for me besides the horrible passing out cold sleep have had invoul muscle movement clawing of my hands the shakes my knee have jut given out a few time when I have gotten out of bed slamming me to the floor. If anyone out there need to talk or vent about thi drug feel free to contact me. I am looking into what needs to e dont to have a drug removed from the market and if your doc ever want to tart you on thi med DO NOT DO IT!!!There are other meds out there this drug is a dangerous poison the creator should be held down and forced to ingest his own poison for years and then be "weaned". Wishing each and every one of you on this drug and trying to get off the best of luck and hope to start hearing an uprising againt the makers and doctors who hand this out like its aspirin,
Go to Top of Page

stigmastomper
Super Incredible Member (10000+ posts)

24351 Posts
Gratitude: 10921
Very caringVery wiseVery funnyVery honestI agree

Posted - 08/18/2012 :  05:43:36  Show Profile
welcome no-name-required

Go to Top of Page

chelle25
Incredible Member (2000+ posts)

7717 Posts
Gratitude: 4597
Very caringVery wiseVery honestI agree

Posted - 08/18/2012 :  14:57:40  Show Profile
Hi no name required. Welcome to MT. I am currently on Geodon. I am one who has a hard time with withdrawal from Geodon. It took me 2 years to wean myself down from 80 to 40mg. Can't seem to get down to 20. I have had several attempts only to end in failure.

I do plan to try it again one day real soon.
Go to Top of Page

mack01
Full Member (100+ posts)

187 Posts
Gratitude: 183

Posted - 10/31/2012 :  05:29:43  Show Profile  Visit mack01's Homepage
Geodon made me sick while I was on it & withdrawal was almost intolerable, I felt like I was dying for 3 or 4 days.
Go to Top of Page

Jerry1949
Incredible Member (2000+ posts)

3117 Posts
Gratitude: 2892
Very caringVery wiseVery funnyVery honestI agree

Posted - 11/01/2012 :  13:10:54  Show Profile
welcome to MT there a large group of caring people here.

Jerral
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Jump To:
MyTherapy Communities © MyTherapy Go To Top Of Page
TotalTodayYesterday
Topics: 33407
New Topics: 0
New Topics: 0