Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Administrator
Administrator

15007 Posts
Gratitude: 3353
Very caringVery wiseVery funnyVery honestI agree

Posted - 02/04/2007 :  16:34:06  Show Profile  Visit Administrator's Homepage
Dear Members,

All of your posts are now automatically saved in your own personal archive (called "My Thoughts" found in your Profile).

We would ask that members visit other member's archives (that is, their "My Thoughts"), and select the best posts (using the "Very wise post" and "Very caring post" buttons).

Everytime you vote to recommend a post (as being very wise or caring); you are ensuring that our most inspirational posts will never be lost. These recommended posts will soon be permanently stored separately so that new members can benefit from our archived "Best Thoughts".

Phil Long M.D.
Administrator
Go to Top of Page

Administrator
Administrator

15007 Posts

Posted - 02/04/2007 :  23:55:48  Show Profile  Visit Administrator's Homepage
SheerLin You Are Incredible!

I just read all your posts in your personal "My Thoughts" archive in your Profile section. You have welcomed literally hundreds of new members to our community.

Your friendliness and warmth is greatly appreciated. Your pictures are thoughtful and as unique as you are. I loved your poetry, and it was much more meaningful to me since I had just read all your other postings first.

You have generously donated hundreds of hours to help this community. In every sense, you are our "Incredible Member".

Thank you,

Phil Long M.D.
Administrator
Go to Top of Page

Administrator
Administrator

15007 Posts

Posted - 02/05/2007 :  15:49:07  Show Profile  Visit Administrator's Homepage
Davidtomkinson You Are Our Most Prolific "Incredible Member",

I just read all of your posts in your "My Thoughts" archive (in your Profile). Your postings exemplify the best of your Quacker religious beliefs.

You always are tolerant, humble, generous, and forgiving. Your postings are filled with wisdom without "preaching" to others.

I love your humor and your selection of poetry. It's your willingness to share your wisdom that is so endearing.

I have this playful vision of many years in the future when our members eventually die. SheerLin will be the first to welcome our members to heaven, and then we will all seek you out, David, to help us understand "What Was That All About?".

Thank you again for your great generosity of spirit and willingness to share so much of your life with our communities.

Phil Long M.D.
Administrator

To All Our Other Members,

So far, I only had time to read all the posts in SheerLin's and David's "My Thoughts". That does not mean that other member's posts aren't as appreciated.

Many of you, like SheerLin and David, have donated hundreds of hours and your wisdom to our communities. For that, we all are very grateful. You all are great community members, and I find our community extremely rewarding.

I find it very helpful to read all of a member's postings in their personal archive (i.e., "My Thoughts"). It's like putting all of the parts of a jigsaw puzzle together to see something much greater than the sum of its parts.

I hope other community members will now try reading (and "recommending this post") in other member's "My Thoughts".

Phil Long M.D.
Administrator

Go to Top of Page

e-pea
Incredible Member (2000+ posts)

5919 Posts
Gratitude: 1353
Very caringVery wiseVery honestI agree

Posted - 02/05/2007 :  19:36:28  Show Profile
hello is it possible to opt out of this feature if we want? individually as it were?

This town; My prison cell - my fortress

Good point E-pea,

This weekend, we will add a feature that will allow a member to delete postings from their "My Thoughts".

Phil Long M.D.
Administrator

Go to Top of Page

e-pea

5919 Posts
Gratitude: 1353
Very caringVery wiseVery honestI agree

Posted - 02/06/2007 :  14:09:19  Show Profile
oh thank you very much. :) I appreciate the choice. Feel a lot better.

MICHELLE, I just read your bottom post.. That happened to me too at first, when I first went looking for them. Then I clicked on my profile as it's visible to others (on my name itself, not my profile button) and they were there. Then today i looked and all the data is now where it should be when I go to 'my thoughts' dunno why.. Just thougt i'd mention

'NOTHER UPDATE.. I just tried to do myself as my fiance saw and asked what the problem was exactly.. I can't access them now either..

Go to Top of Page

MichelleDFW
Full Member (100+ posts)

100 Posts
Gratitude: 2

Posted - 02/06/2007 :  14:18:09  Show Profile
It's not pulling up any of my messages. Am I doing something wrong?

Save me from myself!

Hi Michelle,

That's odd because I can see all your posts in your "My Thoughts".

Are you looking in your Profile under "My Thoughts" (which is listed directly below "My Mood Calendar" in your profile). You get to your profile by clicking on your name which appear above your Avatar/picture.

Phil Long M.D.
Administrator

Go to Top of Page

davidt
Super Incredible Member (10000+ posts)

86214 Posts
Gratitude: 31682
Very caringVery wiseVery funnyVery honestAttentionI agree

Posted - 02/07/2007 :  16:23:31  Show Profile
Dear Doctor Phil,

I have just recently noticed this particular thread and read the contents of same. I am most grateful on several counts. Firstly because of its personal nature, your very kind appraisal of me. I was visible moved by same. Earlier in the day, I felt quite down, after reading your comments, I confined such negativity to the trash can, and there it has remained!

Secondly, I find this new amenity, whereby one has easy access to all they have said before, can be easily retrieved without the need to rummage around, most helpful and worthwhile.

Lastly, but which I consider more importantly, the fact that we have such a voice on the world wide web/stage, that really is incredible, given the social and political standing of our plight!

I don't wish to take more of your time than is available, but someday, I would be delighted, if you could fill us in on how 'My Therapy' was first envisaged. I'm sure, I won't be the only one, who would appreciate more of of the history behind this wonderful concept of yours!

Yours in Gratitude , David

I am aware there are lots of self help groups on the Internet, but none that I know of, that is, not only sponsored by, but also administered by, a Practising Consultant Psychiatrist. This has got to be a unique situation.

Be the person not the disability!

Hi David,

Thank you for your interest in why I started these websites.

I have been asked to speak on this very topic at an upcoming conference. Thus I will try to put my thoughts together and answer your question in some depth (a little later).

The positive response that we have received thus far has doubled our motivation to continue to improve our websites.

Phil Long M.D.
Administrator

Go to Top of Page

SheerLin

3918 Posts
Gratitude: 216

Posted - 02/25/2007 :  02:33:41  Show Profile
Hello Dr Phil,
I have only just read your post to me, sometimes takes me a while to get round to things.
Thankyou so much for your kindness.

SheerLin

`Life is a Wonderous Journey, not a Destination.
Go to Top of Page

hercules21

5803 Posts
Gratitude: 2829

Posted - 01/24/2010 :  02:36:05  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by e-pea

hello is it possible to opt out of this feature if we want? individually as it were?

Is my thoughts the same as my recent topics. Can I turn off my recent topics.

How does my thoughts work. I have seen a button that says save to my thoughts. I will do an experiment with it.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Jump To:
MyTherapy Communities © MyTherapy Go To Top Of Page
TotalTodayYesterday
Topics: 33407
New Topics: 0
New Topics: 0